Blog visitors


Sunday 4 October 2020

Calligraphy pen experiment......

We've been talking to Sandy Bear about fountain pens and fancy inks.... so i thought I'd show you all the funky calligraphy pens that I've got!  Up top is the calligraphy pen with converter, and under that is the red fountain pen with converter.  Both of those also use ink cartridges.  Then we have three Japanese bamboo pens and then an Italian glass dip pen.  Then a scroll pen, a copper plate pen (that's the one with the offset angled nib).  Then three rather random nib pens that I've had forever and finally the feather pen.

So...... here's how they write!  

Fountain pen has funky red ink in, all the others we used the Diamine "Enchanted Ocean" ink

The bamboo pens can be rinsed under the cold tap.  Some staining from the ink, but clean at least!

Interesting.....

Not sure I can tell any difference between the bamboo pens......

.....never got the hang of the glass pens......

Now, THIS one's a bit bonkers!!!

Copper plate pens are the ones used writing all those old documents with the curly swirly bits in!
Like the Declaration of independance.

Like this pen!!

....and that one as well!

And I like the italic pen as well!!!!!!!

And finally the feather pen..... think that one's my least favourite.

So there's lots of different pens that give lots of different results.....and even more different types of inks as well!!!!!!!

 

2 comments:

  1. I agree with the writing on the feather pen but I think it's the coolest looking pen you have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool!!! I like the first one... and the bamboo pens look like you'd have to be continually dipping them in ink!

    ReplyDelete