Blog visitors


Sunday 5 July 2020

Changes to the back garden

There's been a few changes to the back garden over the last few weeks.  My living room window looks out onto it (although I have no access - it's the flat beneath mine that has sole access)

They finally got round to "weeding" the garden although it was more like total carnage because it was so overgrown!!!  There was a bush that had branches almost banging on my kitchen window - that's gone which I'm happy about.  Not so happy is they cut down the palm tree at the back which was only planted about four or five years ago.


But it does give more jungley definition to the black cat that I think lives downstairs now.

After that, we had scaffolders in putting up scaffolding at the back all the way to the roof!!  That's been up about three weeks now, and we've only had builders in once tearing up the roof!!!  That's a nice job for somebody - one day in three weeks!

Lots of poles got used....

The cat came out a few times.....



Then, about ten days ago, we had people start ripping down bushes on the other side of the garden wall and tearing down the manky wooden fence!!

HE'S TAKING DOWN SPARROW MANOR!!!!!
That bushy bush is where all the sparrows lived!
Forced eviction!!!!!

But they did put up a nice new fence though.

Pretty good job really.....




2 comments:

  1. Wow... it boggles the mind that the tenant below you wouldn't have put that back garden to better use! We had a Sparrow Manor bush that got cut down this winter too (it was in the yard of the neighbour behind us...)... More sunshine comes through but I think the sparrows miss it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! The previous tenants were brilliant but they moved out about six years ago. The people I think are downstairs now I've seen maybe twice and I'm assuming it was them that was turfing up the back yard cutting everything down.

      Delete