Blog visitors


Tuesday 22 September 2020

Another fruit box delivery!!

We ordered another fruit box from Taj the grocers in Brighton the other day and it arrived just after 5pm today!!  It's got LOADS of stuff in it!!!

We got 4 bananas
6 apples (2 of 3 different types)
Bunch of grapes
1 avocado
1 lemon
2 limes
6 plums (I think - 2 each of 3 different types)
2 figs
2 kiwi fruit
1 passionfruit (I think)
2 Persimmon fruit
and 1 something I don't recognise!!!

These are the "odd" ones
on the bottom, there's the 2 kiwi fruit and 2 plums I think.
The top three yellow ones - the ones with green leafy things on that look like tomatoes, I'm told are Persimmon fruit and Google says they're supposed to be orangey red, so they need to be left to ripen.
Then there's that yellow one with the stalk, that I still don't know what it is.  Any clues?!

 

9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Canistel is slightly the wrong shape, but it "MIGHT BE" a Granadilla. Somebody else said kumquat which is the same shape but supposed to be the size of an olive, whereas this one is much bigger than an olive!

      Delete
    2. I don't think kumquat. But if you dissect it... maybe that will provide more evidence.

      Delete
    3. Yeah, I'm leaving it to ripen a bit on the windowsill... it's gone more orangey already... so a few more days I'll cut it open!!!

      Delete
  2. The box looks awesome. Do they deliver to the US?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't think so - but I'd imagine the delivery & import costs would be prohibitive anyway! (sorry!)

      Delete
  3. Sooo... what was the mystery fruit that was ripening on the windowsill?

    ReplyDelete